Monday, February 01, 2010

Guest Blogging the Virginia Festival of the Book

This is unexpected and cool. Way cool.

I have been invited to be a guest blogger for the 2010 Virginia Festival of the Book, March 17-21 in Charlottesville.

Other 2010 guest bloggers are:
Elizabeth McCulloug
Bethanne Patrick
Rick Sincere

Our charge: " . . . pick some Festival programs that interest you, read the books, blog about them, come to the related Festival programs in March and blog about that too. "

Nothing could be simpler. I've been looking over the festival schedule recently, identifying programs of interest. I've already purchased my tickets to hear Colum McCann and Elizabeth Strout. Their books -- Let the Great World Spin and Olive Kitteridge -- were two of the best I read last year.

William Ferris will put in an appearance to talk about his book, Give My Poor Heart Ease: Voices of the Mississippi Blues. I'm currently midway through it. Unfortunately, Ferris appears at the same time as Tim Wendel (baseball) and Roland Lazenby (basketball). This is one of those occasions when I'd dearly love to be in two places at the same time.

So, between now and March 21 it's same bat time, same bat channel for more on the Virginia Festival of the Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment