Saturday, January 02, 2010

Launching 2010

I didn't read yesterday. Not unless you count a quick scan of the Post, and I don't.

It was unusual for me to let a day go by and not read, but not unusual to forgo reading on New Year's Day. It's a busy holiday for us . . . off to an early movie (Up In The Air) and lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant. There's football and more football and still more football to be watched.

But today, today is different. Today, I will read.

I am starting the year with My Father Is A Book, Janna Malamud Smith's memoir of her father, Bernard Malamud, and Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens. I have thought recently that I will begin each new year by reading a Dickens novel.

In the succeeding weeks, I hope to post my best reads of the past 10 years as well as keep everyone up-to-date on my daily reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment