Wednesday, January 06, 2010

First Purchases, Forthcoming Titles

I made my first purchases of 2010 yesterday: Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler and Literary Life by Larry McMurtry.

I've already mentioned that I read Tyler's newest novel last year. It was released in England in the fall. It is not her best effort.

Here are some of the titles, to be released in 2010, that I am anticipating:

  • The Burning Land, the fifth book in Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales.

  • Wild Child by T.C. Boyle

  • The First Rule by Robert Crais. His second thriller to feature Joe Pike.

  • Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich

  • Franklin Pierce by Michael Holt, the newest release in the American Presidents series

  • Solar by Ian McEwan
Amy Bloom, Joshua Ferris and Martin Amis also have books that will be released in early 2010. There were a bounty of books released in 2009 and 2010 is off to a similar start.

No comments:

Post a Comment