Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New York has a great article on The Best Book You've Never Read. I've read three of the books and throughly agree these are books to add to your reading pile.

They are:

  • The Accidental by Ali Smith. Compelling and creepy.
  • Drama City by George Pelecanos. George is the best.
  • Unless by Carol Shields. I agree with the observation that it is important the late Shields continue to be read.
Three books on the list I have not read, but about which I have something to say are:

  • Mortals by Norman Rush. After reading Mating I can't bring myself to read Rush again.
  • The Wife by Meg Wolitzer. No one is funnier than Wolitzer. I will seek this book out.
  • The Road Home by Jim Harrison. Love Harrison. This book is in my reading pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment