Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Accepting the Chunkster Challenge

Early this month I wrote about my discovery of bloggers issuing reading challenges to other bloggers and readers.
I accepted a challenge offered by the Roof Beam Reader, the 2011 to be Read Pile Challenge.

Now, I'm accepting another -- the Chunkster Reading Challenge.

This challenge is about reading big books. A "chunkster" is defined as a book, fiction or non-fiction, that's 450 pages long or longer.

The challenge has different levels: the Chubby Chunkster is to read four books 450+ pages; the Plump Primer is to read six; the Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big? challenge is to read six books, two between 450-550 pages, two between 551-750 pages and two books of more than 750+ pages; and the Mor-book-ly Obese challenge calls for reading eight chunksters, three of 750+ pages.

I may be crazy, but I'm going to strive to meet the Mor-book-ly Obese challenge. In part, because the Chunkster Challenge and the Roof Beam Challenge overlap. In part, because, well, I like the challenge.

War and Peace and Lonesome Dove will make up two of those eight chunksters. I have others in mind and will furnish updates when I get started with the challenge in February.

I should also mention the Foodie's Reading Challenge. I've already contributed one book, Four Fish, to this site and hope to add more as 2011 unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment